- A unique and effective interdisciplinary educational environment with world leading research expertise and access to cutting-edge facilities.
- Strong links to industry and practicing coastal engineers, such as HR Wallingford, Associated British Ports and Channel Coastal Observatory.
- Research projects undertaken in collaboration with (and often based at) leading international coastal consultancies or appropriate government agencies, including AECOM, CH2M, Royal Haskoning, Eastern Solent Coastal Partnership, and the Environment Agency.
- Draws on world-class research expertise from both Engineering and Ocean and Earth Science which is based at the National Oceanography Centre Southampton (NOCS).
- More than 98% of graduates successfully move into careers or Ph.D. research in the field within six months.
Our MSc is closely linked with the Southampton Marine and Maritime Institute (SMMI) which develops applied coastal research across the University, nationally and internationally. You will also benefit from our partnership with industry and government.